v2.4.0 - Release notes
Players will now evaluate and react to their assigned role and given ice-time! This adds a great deal of complexity when carefully constructing your team. Are you up for the task?
Player roster and role demands.
Players will now evaluate and react to their assigned role and given ice-time. A player will present their demands/expectations of player role and roster status when negotiating contracts. In addition to salary, contract length and clauses you must now also offer the player which role and roster status you have in mind for him. The player will take the offered role into consideration when considering the contract offer. If a player is given another role or less ice-time than his contract suggests he can become unhappy which will impact his game performance, team culture and prevent a future contract extension with the team. The player profile will also influence how strongly the player may react. Since no player has a contracted role assignment at this time, players will evaluate their role and ice-time based on expectations alone. Their happiness reactions will therefore be less severe than if they actually had a contracted role.
To see what role and roster status the player expects or has contracted you can visit the player page and select Player role from the action menu. You will also see a report from your assistant with the player's last 10 days game participation.
Young players are now given a rookie status when entering a new league. To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 games (15 for goalies) in the same or higher league level for any preceding seasons. Only players 25 years of age or younger are considered a rookie. The rookie status is displayed on the player's page transfer tab under the league reputation section. You will also see an asterisk on the player stats for seasons where the player was considered a rookie. Top 5 rookies in the league are displayed on the league home page.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Reduced the number of simulation locks
- Greed is now a visible trait on player profile and no longer part of the scouting report
- Scouting report now reveals the hidden trait Player consistency
- Improved lineup repair in case of injuries or unavailable players
- Adjustment of demands regarding one-way/two-way contracts
- Adjustment on player development/regression if players are on either streaks and slumps
- Own and shortlisted players are now highlighted in tables and listings
- Manager name is now linked and clickable in chat
- Sign up form protected by reCaptcha v3
- Fixed bug where untouchable players potentially could be included in a trade offer
- Fixed bug for duplicate pending contract offers